- Some of these I've pulled from the old 50 gallon page. Today I added some pics from the new tank. The torch and the duncan seem to be acclimating well. The zoanthids and ricordias are going a little slow.
- I'm trying to do my first "frag". Got some super glue gel and a razor and glued some trimmings to a new rock of the green start polyps. See the pics below.
- We added some new zoanthids last week. Already forgot the names of 2 of them, I'll have to look them up. We got a blue (Tub's Blues?), orange/red (Kedd red?) and an eagle eye. The Torch fell off it's perch last week and I think one of the heads too a hit. It's now white and very short. Used super glue this time and glued it to a small rock so I can move it easily if I want.
- Picked up a frag of watermelon zoas with 2 green palys attached.
- "Spliced" the palys from the watermelons onto their own rock. A couple of pods came running out. Fed them to the fish :). Also got 2 new T5s - ATI blue pluses. Gives off much more fluorescence than the actinic lights.
I'm fairly certain I've found the names of 2 more of the zoas. The new paly is most likely an "Emerald Sunrise". The first zoa we got I think is an Envy Orange.
- I had to do some moving. The location of the Duncan's was starting to interfere with 2 of the polyps opening completely due to it being fairly close to some rocks. The new reds have already produced 4 new polyps (the color is still kind of lame though), the blues have 3 new polyps, the eagle eyes have at least 2 new ones and no one is eating the hair algae off of the watermelons yet.
All of the coral except the kedd reds really look awesome with the new ATI blue pluses too. May not have to add any more lights.
- Somehow we managed to loose a head on the torch. I think it was from when it got knocked over and spent some time upside down in the sand. Can't be sure though. But I think there is a new one starting.
All the new zoas have new babies, so they appear to be happy. The eagle needs to All the new zoas have new babies, so they appear to be happy. The eagle needs to be moved, scooter (the goby) kicks up too much sand I think. The watermelons had to have a haircut again too. I can't get rid of the hair on it.
Also discovered a hydroid on the sun coral. I'll have to take it out this weekend and scrape it off. And the green star polyps that I fragged are really taking off.
- Moved a few frags to new sports. Getting closer to making some spots permanent. Bought a candy cane, a rainbow acan and a new zoa. I think the zoa is a "lunar eclipse".
- Added 5 new zoas from a pkg deal. Not going to name them all here, but I finally got the blue hornets I've been eye balling. The growth on the green start polyps is amazing. I'm going to have to isolate the rock they're on.
- Been playing with the lighting. I now have 3 ATI blue pluses and a ATI 12k Actinic white. Really blue, but it makes everything pop great.