Recipes - How to Make Hot and Sour Soup
How to make Chinese Hot and Sour Soup.
- 4 cups chicken broth (1 Qt)
- 1 cup shredded wood ear mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced mushroom (white button mushroom or baby portabella)
- 1 can (4oz) shredded bamboo chutes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 firm Tofu, sliced and cut thin (look like shredded bamboo chutes)
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Chinese vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1/4 cup corn starch mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon white pepper and 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Chopped green onion and cliental (option) for garnish
- Bring soup broth to a boil.
- Add wood ear mushrooms, sliced mushrooms, bamboo chutes, carrots and Tofu to the broth. Bring to boil.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
- In a small cup, make a slurry by combining the cornstarch and water. Stir until dissolved.
- Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture while stirring the stock, until thickened. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add the eggs slowly while stirring the soup in the same direction. The egg will spread and feather.
- Turn off the heat and add the green onions, sesame oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.